Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Pumpkin patch


We were having a grand time at the pumpkin patch on Wednesday. The kids were excited to pick out a big pumpkin to decorate our front porch. As we were searching, a 9 year old boy came running up to his mother, holding his head with bloody hands. He went to sit down and I asked if I could help since I was a nurse. His mother mouthed, "It's pretty bad" over the top of his head. She removed her hand and there was a two inch gash on his forehead, through which his skull could be seen! She said, "They can stitch that up, right?" I reassured her that they could. I stayed with the boy as his mother walked a few blocks away to get her car. He did great but I started to feel like I was going to pass out! There's just something about a child being injured that bothers me a lot. They boys and I prayed for his quick recovery. The next day, we returned to the pumpkin patch and the church ladies running the booth said that the boy had returned after getting 12 stitches because he wanted free his pumpkin! Liam is bare foot in the picture because he took his shoes off at Jazzercise and left with out putting them back on! I refused to turn around to get them, so here he is, shoeless!

2 comments:

Dreaming again said...

it is so nice to know that nurses get woosey at that stuff too!!!

Nice to know I'm not the only mom that would have not turned around for the shoes too!

:D

Heather said...

The kids look great. I'm so happy for your family that Seth is home safe.