Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Remembering Mildred

Today we got the news that Joel's paternal grandmother, Mildred, passed away from a sudden stroke. We will miss her so much! She had such spunk and wit! I know that Joel gets his dry sense of humor from her.

The past few years, she has lived with Darrell and Willa Rae. We are so glad that she came here from Pennsylvania so that we could spend more time with her. She enjoyed her great-grandchildren very much. In fact, I had a hard time finding a picture with out her holding Lily!

Over at Darrell and Willa Rae's home, we had a lovely dinner provided by some of the ladies from South Sand Spring Church of God. During dinner, Joel suggested that we honor Mildred by taking our time eating and making sure that we went back for thirds! For those of you who didn't know Mildred, she was a tiny little gal (about 4'11" and 90 lbs) who could really put it away! We often teased her that she had a hollow leg! I still don't know where she put it all.

I can't believe we won't see her again! But she'll forever be in our hearts. I smile when I think that she's seeing Virgil, Kathy, and her parents again. Most importantly, Jesus! Thank you Lord that she didn't suffer. We love you Millie!

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

My prayers are with you and your family!