Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Heros are in disguise

I received an email from my Aunt Debbie today. It was very inspiring, as most military related stories are. However, this one had a catchy little phrase attached to the bottom. It exactly fit with how I've been feeling lately towards all the people complaining about our presence in the middle East. I take it personally! My brother has risked his life and his family has sacrifice having him away for months and years at a time so that these people have a right to complain. I couldn't be more proud of him. I sleep safe at night, I go to church, I have so many rights because of his and other's sacrifices. The story was about an old man with car trouble. So many of us would see him as just an old man. However, he was a war hero who just happened to live in an old man's body. His younger 'brothers' rallied around him to help. If you love your freedom, thank a soldier or a veteran won't you? And finally for the quote, "If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!"

No comments: