Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Parrot Posts

Sometimes God tells a truth to my heart so good that I just have to repeat it. It's usually where I can't write it down (shower, driving, etc..)

Today it was this: I see so many women (and men for that matter) striving to look so good on the outside by various natural and not-so-natural means, or having the newest, biggest, flashiest stuff or other forms of ego feeding. Unfortunately, it's not hard for me to recognize because I've been there myself. Now, it makes me sad.

As I was pondering this, God said to my heart, "What is the lust of a man or the jealousy of a woman compared to the love of God?"

Yes Lord! You are right! Why do we settle for scraps on the floor when God has a banquet for us? First Peter 3:3-4 says, "You beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." Does it say we shouldn't wear braids or jewelry? No, it says our beauty shouldn't COME FROM those things.

Our society force feeds us the lie that we aren't worth anything unless we are beautiful and/or rich. God says we are beautiful to Him because He bought us with the most costly price, His own Son.


One day, God willing, we will all get older and our outter appearance will not be what it was, no matter how we fight it. It is good to eat right, excercise, bathe and be presentable? Yes! But what are our motives for these activities?

I often day dream of what I would wish for if I had three wishes. I know, silly as it is, it is fun for me. One wish that keeps resurfacing is that every person would turn inside out. By that I mean, their outsides would reflect their hearts. The only way to become more beautiful would be to grow in Chirst adorning ourselves with love, humility, and all the fruit of the Spirit. The closer we grow to Him, the less we will care how we appear to others. Wonder if that's how heaven will be?

1 comment:

Nikki (Sarah) said...

'turn inside out.' Like the sound of that. When I meet someone who shines His Light....they draw me to them..they have a beauty that nothing else equals.