Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, November 2, 2007

Tag, I'm it.

A good friend of mine has 'tagged' me which means that I'm going to have to write about what I was doing 10, 20, and 30 years ago. Gee, thanks Peggy! I'm not the writer she is but I'll give it a try....


Ummmm, let's see.... 10 years ago... 1997... that would make me 22 years old. I was waiting for Joel to ask me to marry him, which he did in December. I lived in OKC attending UCO for nursing school. I didn't like the school much having gone to OSU for 3 years previously. I lived with a gal I met at OSU who happened to be an old high school class mate of Joel's. I can't remember which job I had at that time. I think I was working in the office of a hospice care center. I pretty much studied all the time and spent as much time with Joel as I could. He was in Stillwater getting his engineering degree. Here's a picture of us at the Cass's wedding. I have very short hair and Joel looks like he is about 11 years old.


Okay... now for 1987... 12 years old...6th grade...here's where it gets fuzzy. I don't remember too much of this time. Hormones raging, boy crazy, dumb looking and awkward. First year of Jr. High. I remember standing in front of the mirror crying at my changing figure thinking that I was fat. I wish I still had that figure.... I hated being a teenager. Everything was so emotional and such a big deal. If you woke up with a zit, it was like the world was coming to an end... I had a step-dad that I needed (and still does) God so badly, but drank to drown his pain instead. I stayed in my room most of the time where everything was neat, clean, and organized. My little land of complete control! I loved watching Mama's family and Star Trek and Shark Week with my brother. We played Mario Brothers on Nintendo. My favorite memories are of Christmas and Thanksgiving with family. I believe this picture is around this time. The yearbooks are in the attic and I'm too lazy to get them down to check.


30 years ago I was only 2... I was sure cute if I do say so myself. This is a picture of me, holding my new baby brother with a cast on my arm (although you can't see the cast). This would have been in June, just before I turned 3. Apparently we had a mare with a new baby which I wanted to pet. I waited until my dad was busy behind the barn and my very pregnant mom went in the house to cool off, then I crawled in the pen. The mare must mistaken me for a threat and she kicked me. My dad found me laying in the pen, unconscious with a very bruised left leg and broken right arm. I spent a week in the hospital. I remember shadows of events there. There was a nice nurse there that happened to also be my mom's nurse when she delivered me. I received a set of books from her. My cousin Heather pushed me down the hall in a wheelchair and I got to take a bath with plastic around my arm. As a mother now, I can't imagine my parent's horror finding me like that!

Okay Peggy, there you go, I hope that will suffice! xo, S

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

Great job ... 20 years ago you were in junior high fighting pimples and I was getting married!


Your poor mom! Oh my goodness I can only imagine! *shudder*